The conference will bring academics and researchers together to discuss the current topics, trends, and themes in the field of Arab literature written in the English Language. The scope of the conference encompasses all forms of literary production such as poetry, fiction, memoirs and autobiographies. We encourage participants to present papers about literary works produced in English by Arab authors or authors of Arab origin. The conference has a special focus on how several (but not all) of the most established and most promising Arab writers have negotiated the multidirectional and transnational exigencies that inform their narratives and writings produced in English. The Conference papers could address but are not limited to the following topics:
- Gender Issues in the Contemporary Era
- Cultural Negotiation/Translation and Multiculturalism
- Modernity vs Tradition
- Postcolonial Inquiries and East-West Dialogues
- Politics and Political Narratives
- Racial and Ethnic Identities
- Diasporic Space and Space of Diaspora
- Migration and Migrancy
- Strategies of Empowerment and Resistance
- Memory of Place and Place of Memory
- Rewriting the Middle East
You are invited to submit abstracts for 15-minute paper presentations by Wednesday 15 April 2020.
See the Call for Papers.
There will be an award for best paper/presentation at the end of the conference. Criteria are based on originality of content, quality of delivery, and contribution to the conference.
For More details and Abstract Submission please visit the conference website through this URL: http://recap.coventry.domains/arabliterature/