AHRC Midlands4Cities PhD funding for UK/EU applicants.
The AHRC-funded Midlands4Cities Doctoral Training Partnership (M4C) brings together eight leading universities across the Midlands to support the professional and personal development of the next generation of arts and humanities doctoral researchers. M4C is a collaboration between the University of Birmingham, Birmingham City University, University of Warwick, Coventry University, University of Leicester, De Montfort University, Nottingham Trent University and The University of Nottingham.
M4C is awarding up to 94 doctoral studentships for UK/EU applicants for 2020 through an open competition and 15 Collaborative Doctoral Awards (CDA) through a linked competition with a range of partner organisations in the cultural, creative and heritage sector.
The Department of American and Canadian Studies at the University of Nottingham is inviting applications from students whose research interests connect with our fields of expertise in:
- African American Literature, History and Culture
- American Art and Visual Culture
- American Intellectual History
- American Labour History
- American Music and Popular Culture
- American Political History
- American Print Culture and Book History
- Asian American Literature and Culture
- Canadian Literature and Culture
- Civil Rights and Social Justice
- Contemporary American Fiction
- Crime, Prisons and Criminal Justice
- Feminist Theory
- Gender and Queer Studies
- Indigenous Literature and Culture
- Latino/a Culture
- Nineteenth-Century American Literature and Culture
- North American Border Studies
- U.S. Foreign Policy
The deadline for M4C funding applications is 14 January 2020 (noon), by which time applicants must have applied for a place to study and have ensured that two academic references are submitted using the Midlands4Cities online reference form.
For full details of eligibility, funding, research supervision areas and CDA projects, and for dates of our November application writing workshops, please visit: https://www.midlands4cities.ac.uk/ or contact email@example.com.